Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Uniformed Services University (USU) located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to USU. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work on a NIH funded project to study genetic disorders affecting cerebral cortex formation in the laboratory of Dr. Yuanyi Feng. The research will combine innovative mouse models with high throughput genomic approaches to study the cell developmental mechanisms of neurogenesis, neuro-vascular interaction, epithelial-mesenchymal transition, and brain angiogenesis. Eligible candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. degree in a discipline related to Cell Molecular Biology, Genetics or Neurosciences. Additional expertise in cell signaling and brain vascular biology is preferred.
- Perform experiments towards completion of the specific research aims of the ongoing projects and the overall goal of the laboratory.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Keeps impeccable experimental records.
- Present data at lab meeting and institutional seminar series.
- Assists in manuscript and grant writing and submission
- Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong research background in cell molecular biology and neuroscience
- Proficient in recombinant DNA and cell culture techniques
- Skill in use of confocal and epifluorescent microscopes
- Knowledge of human and mouse genetics
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph. D. degree in a discipline related to Cell Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Mammalian Genetics or Neurosciences with 0-3 years’ experience as a postdoctoral fellow.
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of wet laboratory research experience. 3+ years preferred.
Physical Capabilities: handling various chemicals; work with experimental mice.
Work Environment: Laboratory environment.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.