Employer Engagement Coordinator
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The LSA Opportunity Hub at the University of Michigan is looking for an Employer Engagement Coordinator who will contribute to our mission to support students as they develop their aspirations and professional identities. We provide students access to internships, internship funding, professional opportunities, career coaching and exploration, and connections to employers and alums. We believe in the power of a liberal arts education. The Employer Engagement Coordinator is vital in supporting the development and stewardship of the LSA Opportunity Hub’s relationships with employer partners for internship and professional opportunities. These opportunities will support all LSA undergraduates, with a deep commitment to those who have been historically under-served, in pursuing purposeful work and meaningful lives. As a unit, we are committed to antiracism and carrying this commitment through every aspect of our work.
We are looking for candidates who value working with employers, campus, and community partners; are comfortable taking action in a growing and changing workplace; and will contribute to a motivated collegial team environment. You must prize and further our desire for inclusivity.
The Employer Engagement Coordinator will perform a variety of professional responsibilities in support of the day-to-day operations of the Employer Engagement team and the Director of Employer Engagement in the Opportunity Hub. They will further the student-centered work of the LSA Opportunity Hub by conducting industry and organization research, establishing employer relationships, and facilitating connections between students and employers. This role reports to the Director of Employer Engagement.
Employer Engagement & Event Support
- Support the development and execution of employer-based engagements that allow students to explore how their personal, professional, and academic interests align with the variety of roles and industries that recruit LSA students.
- Coordinate the employer experience with the LSA Opportunity Hub by serving as a first point of contact for general employer engagement events, including the scheduling of rooms, communicating of opportunities, and identification of opportunity type
- Collaborate across the LSA Opportunity Hub to develop and implement engaging programming that facilitates connections between employers and LSA students
- Establish, maintain, and foster relationships with career-based student groups to enhance employer access to LSA students
- Support in planning/logistics/administrative work (revamping processes, scheduling of employer meetings, sending pre- and post-workshop messages, etc.) for events and programming
- Manage each aspect of the employer e-experience within the 12Twenty-based LSA Engage.
- Support the development and maintenance of employer partner accounts
- Oversee the day-to-day account management of new and existing employers and posting of opportunities
- Ensure the integrity of employer data by accurately capturing employer engagement notes in the career services management system (LSA Engage)
- Produce regular reports on employer and student participation that provide insights on network usage, industry/role interests, and hiring outcomes
- Manage event and programmatic data to capture and analyze student and employer participation outcomes
Communication and Operations
- Support the development and implementation of a communication plan that helps build employer engagement with the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Manage employer engagement team inbox by responding to and/or referring inquiries to appropriate Hub contacts
- Work with the Hub Communications and Learning, Data, and Assessment teams to generate student interest in employer opportunities
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and maintain employer content for the LSA Opportunity Hub’s website and other communication channels
- Communicate employer opportunities throughout the LSA Opportunity Hub via multiple communication channels
- Communicate with LSA departments and University partners to enhance the impact of employer recruiting for LSA students
- Create and send regular communication to LSA Students and Employer Partners regarding available opportunities and programming
- Supervise Employer Engagement Intern; assign and monitor projects and provide guidance and mentorship
- Provide support for the LSA Scholarship process by reviewing internships to determine and approve eligibility
- Calendar Management, Meeting, and Project Management Support for the Director of Employer Engagement
- Provide complex calendar management maximizing efficient use of the director’s time
- Coordinate and support meetings as needed
- Provide administrative support that is proactive and anticipates needs keeping the director well prepared and informed to ensure deadlines are being met and commitments are being kept
- Make travel arrangements, prepare detailed itineraries, and manage travel expenses for the director of employer engagement
- Project support as needed
Employer Portfolio Development
- Support and contribute to the EE team’s effort to build and maintain impactful relationships with employer partners.
- Conduct employer and industry research using a variety of search tools, including LinkedIn and Glassdoor, to provide insights on target organizations, recruiting timelines, and candidate profiles
- Communicate frequently with employers on the phone, in person, via virtual conferencing (Zoom), and via email to provide consultation and assist in scheduling engagement opportunities
- Produce in-depth employer/industry reports that supplement the outreach work of the EE team
- Prepare employer briefs that allow the EE team to communicate with employer partners and prospects effectively
- Aide in the development and oversight of industry and employer portfolios in coordination with employer engagement efforts that represent the diverse professional interests and goals of LSA students
- Contribute to the creation of and adherence to processes and systems for employers to engage across the Hub’s functional areas
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Strong communication skills
- Experience organizing and building a variety of event types, including logistical management, communication, and outreach strategies, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with employers, alums, and students
- Demonstrated investment in issues of equity, access, and inclusion
- Experience with higher education systems, policies, and procedures
- Desire and willingness to learn about a variety of careers and industries
- Experience organizing and executing a variety of event types
- Demonstrated experience using databases, including the ability to develop queries, create reports, and use the database as a client management tool
- Aptitude for design, including familiarity with software like InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- The statements in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this role and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- This position regularly works on-site, although this position currently has the option for flexible work arrangements.
- The position may require occasional off-campus or domestic travel.
As one of the world’s great liberal arts colleges, LSA pushes the boundaries of what is understood about the human experience and the natural world, and we foster the next generation of rigorous and empathetic thinkers, creators, and contributors to the state of Michigan, the nation, and the world.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion in LSA, please visit lsa.umich.edu/lsa/dei.
To learn more about LSA’s Mission, Vision and Values, please visit lsa.umich.edu/strategicvision.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities