Clinical Research Assist
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Center for Disability Health and Wellness (CDHW) is looking for experienced and enthusiastic applicants who are interested in working with as part of a research team focused on addressing health and healthcare disparities experiences by individuals with disabilities. This position supports a newly funded grant called the Michigan Spinal Cord Injury Model System (MI-SCIMS) as well as other CDHW research and administrative activities. The overarching focus of MI-SCIMS is to enhance the health and chronic care management of individuals living with SCI through research and knowledge translation activities, including by working to engage, consent, interview and retain research participants for a longitudinal research study. This position will also support co-existing research projects as well as general office operations and administrative-related tasks.
We will strongly consider applicants who have a personal understanding of spinal cord injury.
This position is located off-campus at one of Michigan Medicine clinic sites and requires the reliable transportation and regular travel to University Hospital.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
As a member of the research team, this position will help support a portfolio of projects with varying levels of complexity
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, consenting / enrolling and interviewing research participants from Michigan Medicine inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Other related tasks include: 1) contacting potential participants by phone, in person, and/or email; 2) collecting, entering and managing data, 3) reviewing and extracting information from electronic medical record, 4) supporting the distribution of participant incentives, and 5) performing other activities as necessary to support the research team.
- General administrative tasks such as answering and triaging phone calls and emails, assisting with grant-related reporting, and serving as initial point of contact for walk-in stakeholders at the CDHW office.
- Associate degree in Health Science or an equivalent combination of related education and experience is necessary.
- Minimum 1 year of directly related experience in clinical research and clinical trials is necessary or An advanced degree in a health-related areas such as: Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Public Health, Health Care Administration, Clinical Research Administration, Social Work, Psychology, Epidemiology, Foreign MD.or Minimum 3 years of human subject experience (clinical, lab or health regulations) such as related patient care,related community health and wellness, related clinical information, and research.
- A solid understanding of and sensitive to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willing to call current and potential research participants and speak on the phone
- Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, attention to detail, ability to work independently but also within a team, personable, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines are a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be able to work independently for extended periods
- The job will require flexibility in order to meet project deadlines and goals
- Demonstrate a strong ability to problem-solve
- The candidate should have the ability to work onsite and travel between Michigan Medicine University Hospital and clinic site; regular access to personal transportation will be necessary
- The candidate for this position must also be able to adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines, demonstrate a strong ability to establish rapport with participants, and demonstrate a strong ability to keep accurate and detailed records of all study procedures
Work Location: Burlington Building
Work Schedule: days
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities