R&D Associate - Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay
Requisition Id 10361
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security.
We are seeking a Research and Development Associate Staff who will support the Neutrino Research Group in the Physics Division, Physical Sciences Directorate (PSD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
As part of our research team, you will play an active role in the search for neutrinoless double-beta decay of Ge-76, and help lead the R&D, design, and implementation of the LEGEND (Large Enriched Germanium Experiment for Neutrinoless Double-Beta Decay) program. The group is developing new detector designs and analysis methods for the LEGEND program as well as developing and implementing analysis methods to evaluate the LEGEND-200 data now being collected.
- Assume a leading role in LEGEND-200 Analysis
- Contribute to the evaluation and characterization of Ge detectors to be used in LEGEND
- Contribute to the R&D on advanced instrumentation and the design of the next generation LEGEND-1000 experiment
- A Ph.D. degree in experimental nuclear physics, particle physics, or a closely related field
- At least one year of postdoctoral experience in neutrinoless double beta decay research
- Leadership in data analysis and simulations relevant to rare event searches
- Demonstrated experience with low-background detectors, cryogenic liquid scintillators, and/or Ge detector technology
- Advanced computer programming experience, including C/C++ and python
- Experience working in underground laboratories and clean rooms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to actively engage with international collaborators
Three letters of reference are required and can be uploaded to your profile or emailed directly to PSDrecruit@ornl.gov. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities