Post Doctoral Fellow
Golisano College of Computing & Info Sciences
GCCIS - Graduate Studies & Research
The Computational Biomedical Lab (CBL) at Rochester Institute of Technology is seeking highly qualified postdoctoral fellows to work on a team. They will lead health-AI research investigations in the areas of (1) hybrid physics-based and neural modeling of complex systems, especially cardiovascular systems, and (2) adaptive/continual time-series forecasting for longitudinal health monitoring, both with applications in cardiac diseases. They will assist in the project management of large NIH-funded multidisciplinary projects.
The postdoctoral fellow will be a critical part of a large multidisciplinary research project funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
They will assist in the project management of a large NIH-funded multidisciplinary project.
Responsibilities may include:
- Independently conduct research to include, but not limited to: constructing hypotheses, design and planning of research studies, data management, model development, conducting experiments or assessments, analysis and interpretation of research results, and evaluation of research techniques.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
- Disseminates and publishes research results in peer-reviewed journals, reports, meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Assist in the writing of grant proposals.
- May assist in teaching classes.
- May mentor and assist undergraduate and/or graduate students
- May assist in managing research laboratories.
- Strong background and interest in numeric optimization, statistical inference, and modern machine learning and deep learning. Strong experience with programming (e.g., python, C++, Java, etc) especially in the development and evaluation of machine learning and deep learning models in the context of real-world raw datasets. Experience with machine learning and deep learning research in healthcare data (medical images, physiological signals, electronic health records, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and execute research.
- Knowledge of applicable research methods and analytical procedures.
- Knowledge of publishing/reporting requirements.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Demonstrates potential for original or collaborative scholarship.
- Scientific writing skills demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to acquire accurate, reproducible data
- Critical eye towards consistency, reproducibility, and the scientific method in general
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Advocate for safety and ethics in the workplace
- Ability to communicate findings and effectively work with sponsors and stakeholders.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, applied statistics/mathematics, or related area
Hybrid — Remote/On-campus
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume
What do we believe at RIT?
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you'll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
The College: The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences prepares students to change the world through computing; GCCIS is home to the departments of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing Security, School of Information, and the School of Interactive Games and Media. The college's PhD program in Computer and Information Sciences is ranked 74th in the nation by the U.S. News & World Report and 63rd by CSRankings.org. The college has over 130 full?time faculty and more than 3,600 undergraduate and 950 graduate students. RIT is an interdisciplinary research hub, with research groups and communities encompassing a range of domain areas, including the Global Cybersecurity Institute (https://rit.edu/cybersecurity), RIT’s Personalized Healthcare Technology initiative (https://pht.rit.edu), the Center for Human?Aware Artificial Intelligence (https://rit.edu/chai), the Center for Accessibility and Inclusion Research (https://cair.rit.edu), the Center for Advancing STEM Teaching, Learning and Evaluation (https://rit.edu/castle/), the Media Arts Games Interaction Creativity (MAGIC) Center (https://magic.rit.edu), the Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation (https://ccrg.rit.edu/), the Golisano Institute for Sustainability (https://rit.edu/sustainabilityinstitute/).
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff . Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities