Posted Date: 10/2/2017
Job Category: Science - General
Position Title: Post Doctoral Fellow
Location: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, Maryland, USA
for Traumatic Brain Injury and Psychological Health Research
Our client, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) represents an unparalleled asset for the Department of Defense as a clinical and research platform for the caring of Service members not responding to conventional therapy, and advancing the science, in combat and mission related co-morbid Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Psychological Health (PH) conditions. The NICoE maintains a state of the art facility focused on interdisciplinary, holistic, patient-centered clinical care; innovative research designed to advance evaluation and treatment of the complex interaction of TBI and PH; and ongoing intellectual exchange between the military, private medical treatment facilities, and academic partners.
This compassionate and committed research organization is in need of intelligent and innovative scientists to be a part of their cutting edge organization. Our program of support includes developing a cohesive research infrastructure including database and data element analysis, standardization, and data collection; development and validation of outcome metrics; research gap analysis; evaluation of diagnostic tools; development of innovative, fundable research protocols; and preparation of scholarly manuscripts, abstracts, papers, and research presentations.
Current research protocols include comparative testing of noninvasive neuro-diagnostic devices including electroencephalograms; analysis of eye-tracking records and heart rate variability; use of the Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN); Virtual Reality; and smart phone/tablet applications to improve diagnosis and treatment of PTSD and TBI.
We are seeking an intelligent, creative, innovative, focused individual with education and clinical experience in the areas of Neuroscience, Neuro Trauma, Traumatic Brain Injury, Neuropsychology, Physiology, Cardio-Vascularity, or related field as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the NICoE.
• Lead research efforts both at the NICoE and at additional military locations
• Participate in clinical research, data collection, data analysis, data element standardization
• Develop innovative, fundable research applications
• Lead in preparing scholarly article manuscripts, abstracts for submission to meetings, posters, panel, and platform presentations, and attend meetings/conferences to present data
• Collaborate with other investigators within the military, scientific, and academic communities
• Lead journal club discussions
• Read and evaluate current and relevant literature.
• Consider and takes notes on how literature can inform or impact NICoE goals. Incorporate knowledge and ideas into discussions with others and into other tasks.
• Mentor interns
• Perform other related work as required
• PhD in a related field
• Solid background in Neuroscience, Neuro Trauma, Traumatic Brain Injury, Psychology, Physiology, Cardio-Vascularity, or related area of study
• Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills
• Ability to pass a background check to be granted access to work on the Government computer network
• Clinical experience: Physiology or Cardio-Vascular background/knowledge
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To apply, click Apply to Job below
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions provides technical support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf