ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem-solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
Research and Graduate Education (RGE) at the School of Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for an Administrative Services Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, the Administrative Services Manager (payroll title: Manager) oversees essential daily operations for RGE with a focus on the 2 FTE administrative support team. The Administrative Services Manager directly supervises the Outreach and Events Specialist, directs the work of the Administrative Specialist who serves as assistant to the Vice Dean, and hires undergrad student employees as needed. Responsibilities include financial reporting and fiscal compliance for the unit’s approximately $3 million annual budget including operational funds, fellowships, gifts, and small grant funding; managing support for the academic and staff leadership team; supervising staffing for seminar series, graduate student and postdoctoral professional development programming, and special events; assuring HR and fiscal policy administration; and implementing and adapting business processes in response to new initiatives.
The evolving range of new initiatives taken up in RGE each year requires a proactive and adaptable approach to work assignments and skills development and reliable attention to maintaining clear documentation of roles and procedures. RGE operates in a highly collaborative environment, working with leadership positions throughout the school, the University and partner institutions. The Administrative Services Manager ensures that the highest standards of work performance and professionalism are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Operations and Management:
• Lead and work closely with RGE’s 2.5 FTE administrative team to ensure daily operations.
• Ensure staff coverage in support of RGE’s leadership team.
• Supervise staffing for seminar series, graduate student and postdoctoral professional development programming, and special events.
• Manage unit resources including equipment, administrative space, supplies and records in a hybrid work environment.
• Implement and adapt business processes in response to new initiatives.
Fiscal Operations and Management:
• Oversee fiscal policy administration.
• Manage the unit’s budgets, transactional work, reporting, and compliance for operational budgets, gifts, fellowships, and some grant funding.
• Lead and manage data assembly and grant routing associated with Cancer Consortium subawards, and other grant activity as required.
• Manage implementation of funding allocations to SOM departments.
Human Resources and Other Duties:
• Recruit, hire, train, and manage two full time positions and occasional student employees.
• Ensure HR policies are followed.
• Work with the RGE Director and ABC Shared Services on HR needs.
• Partner within and beyond RGE as needed on projects and staffing solutions for new initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, sciences or related field.
• Four years' relevant experience in managing operations, training, and supervision of small teams.
• Ability to organize tasks and projects independently, effectively and efficiently.
• Skill to independently navigate and implement policies, guidance and procedures into daily operations.
• Experience in the requirements of executive support.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel for financial reporting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to provide timely assistance.
Equivalent education and/or experience may substitute for minimum requirements.
• Experience working in higher education and/or academic research environments.
• Experience with UW fiscal and business systems including MyFD, ARIBA, and SAGE, with demonstrated ability to master new online systems.
• Experience maintaining reliable documentation of work processes.
• Experience in use of WordPress, Adobe InDesign, and comparable software.
• Able to work a flexible schedule as required. This position is eligible for a hybrid (office and home) work schedule, dictated by business needs. Able to lift ten pounds. Able to use UW shuttle system to travel between UW Medicine research sites.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities