Administrative Assistant - Arts & Sciences
This position provides clerical and administrative assistance to the Chair in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics. Provides general office, document preparation and administrative support for the department. First contact for all visitors, faculty, students, and staff in the department�s main office; responsible for making the front office run in an efficient and friendly manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistant to the Chair of the department, provides clerical and administrative assistance to the Chair including keeping the chair�s calendar, scheduling meetings, assisting callers and visitors, typing correspondence, and maintaining files. Assists the Chair and Faculty Search Committees with searches for postdoctoral lecturers and tenure track faculty; primary contact for all applicants; posts the positions in Mathjobs.org and posts ads on other websites; compiles materials for Affirmation Committee. Assists the Chair with compiling documents for tenure and promotion cases for tenure track faculty. �
- Manages the Mathematics Department�s departmental office to be sure the office runs smoothly and all needs of the department's faculty, staff, and students are met in an efficient and cordial manner. Welcomes and provides guidance to incoming callers and visitors. Distributes mail, orders supplies, equipment, and food for seminars.
- Performs basic data entry such as invoices and purchase orders; tracks purchases/receipts and processes for payment.
- Manages the Mathematics Department website (including updating lists of department faculty, graduate students, visitors, and staff, as well as updating the lists of seminar and colloquium talks), updates graduate and undergraduate pages, and writes updates on department activities. Updates the Bulletin according to edits provided by the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Schedules classrooms and temporary offices for visitors. Coordinates routine building repairs, maintenance, cleaning, ordering of keys, equipment servicing, etc. Manages departmental email account by responding to general inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- One year of experience in an office or administrative support position.
$17.14 - $25.70 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email�CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu �or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University�s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment � fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two �Quick Apply� options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the �Quick Apply� page by clicking �Next� at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities