Postdoctoral Research Associate - Pediatrics
The Horani lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate, to join our group investigating airway epithelial cell and motile cilia biology. Our lab investigates human and mouse airway biology, cell differentiation, motile ciliogenesis, and investigates the biology of the genetic disease, Primary ciliary dyskinesia. The appointment is a training or transitional period in preparation for an academic, industrial, governmental, or other full-time research or teaching career. Additional emphasis will be placed on enhancing written and oral communication skills, data analysis, review of the literature, and will include some laboratory-based teaching of undergraduate or graduate students.
New team members will join ongoing projects and embark on new projects looking at the role novel proteins in motile cilia structure and function, new factors affection motile ciliogenesis, and the role of inflammation in the airways.
For more information, please visit our lab website at horanilab.wustl.edu .
Information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at https://postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs-2/ .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Trains under the supervision of a faculty mentor including (but not limited to):
- Manages their own project, which should lead to a first author publication.
- Develops proficiency in their chosen scientific discipline/field.
- Develops proficiency in their technical skills.
- Develops proficiency in their ancillary skills, e.g., writing, public speaking, networking, critical evaluation of scientific documents, etc.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the university.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Assists in the design of research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and assists in the reporting of the results.
- Conscientious discharge of their research responsibilities.
- Maintains conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Maintains compliance with good laboratory practice including the maintenance of adequate research records.
- Engages in open and timely discussion with their mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adheres to all applicable university policies, procedures and regulations.�All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in university laboratories remain the property of the university.
Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
- Experience in transcriptomics.
- Experience with R and Seurat.
- Demonstrated ability to implement laboratory procedures, conduct research and records findings.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards.�The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please forward a cover letter and CV to Dr. Amjad Horani at Horani_a@wustl.edu .
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email�CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu �or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University�s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment � fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on Postdoctorals.*
Postdoctoral Jobs in Popular Cities